Centerpoint provides a full array of treatment & educational supports and services to teens, young adults, and their families faced with emotional, behavioral, mental health, substance abuse, or special learning needs. At Centerpoint, we believe in the strengths and assets of the teens and families with whom we work. We recognize that our clients bring with them the capacity to improve their lives, and we offer our skill, dedication, creativity, & flexibility to assist our clients as they make these life changes.
Centerpoint is a unique affiliation with three of Vermont’s premier youth and family serving organizations – NFI Vermont, HowardCenter, and Matrix Health Systems. Young people and families served through Centerpoint have access to the broad range of programs and supports offered through these host agencies, and with this, can be assured of the highest quality of care. Any day’s need may include crisis intervention or long-term residential treatment, family-based services, foster care or group care, psychological testing or psychiatric evaluation, respite or community mentoring – If the need exists, it’s likely that the umbrella of services within this interagency collaboration can help to meet that need.
Centerpoint’s Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services provide a full array of counseling supports for families and teens struggling with the broad range of social, emotional, mental health, and substance abuse concerns. Clients initially participate in an assessment and evaluation process, identifying their needs and abilities, resulting in recommendations for services and support, and providing assistance in accessing this support. These recommendations may include Centerpoint’s range of counseling and treatment services, such as:
- Individual outpatient therapy for mental health and substance abuse concerns
- Family counseling, parent skills training, and parent support
- Group therapy
- Continuing care and recovery support services
- Intensive outpatient (IOP) treatment
- Gender-specific treatment services
- Services for youth involved through juvenile justice and the legal system
- Services for the transition-aged and college-aged student
- School-based substance abuse and mental health services
- Case management and community support
- Drug testing
- Services and supports for youth living within alcoholic or addicted families
Centerpoint employs a talented staff of mental health professionals, trained in substance abuse treatment and skilled in working with adolescents and families. Centerpoint staff assist clients in identifying and addressing treatment goals in the areas of:
- Emotional and behavioral well-being
- Decision making and problem solving
- Living a drug and alcohol-free life
- Healthy family functioning
- Establishing community-based supports
- Developing healthy social and recreational activities
- Preventing relapse with unhealthy behaviors or lifestyles
Centerpoint’s Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services receive referrals from families, schools, physicians, other service providers, residential treatment programs and hospitals, juvenile corrections and state social services, and from youth themselves.